Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shoots, Shoots, Shoots!

Finding Grace Director Max Myers
Porterville, CA

Last Rites Films has really picked up. I am doing post sound for a name actor on his short film, but at the same time I am still working on set AND full-time at Columbia. One of my most interesting jobs has been doing pick-ups for a feature that was shot a number of years ago.

Originally titled Don't Let Go, it starred Katherine Ross (The Graduate) and Scott Wilson (In Cold Blood) in a story about the relationship between an alcoholic father and his son; both musicians. It was directed by Max Myers, one of my instructors when I was a student at Columbia.

This time we had to shoot in Porterville, which is located in the Central Valley of California. We previously did re-shoots in Hollywood, and we did some voice-over at Ms. Ross' house in Malibu.


From the Penthouse of Evo
Downtown Los Angeles


Almost all of my other sound jobs have come from PlayNetwork. Journey's hired us to cover a MotorCross even in Riverside, a Go-Cart Champion in Palmdale, and this past weekend, the band Gorgeous Got A Gun at Evo in Downtown LA.

Evo is a skyscraper Downtown and we were shooting in the penthouse. We carpooled from the network headquarters, and had plenty of time to set up. The view from the penthouse was absolutely stunning, and I'm guessing the price tag was in the 5-10 million dollar range.

I am doing another gig this Friday in Culver City. Beyond that, I have jobs lined up September and October as well. It may be too early to tell, but production seems to finally be kicking up.


The same view at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment