Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One tough week at Columbia College Hollywood


It's been one hell of a week at work. There are two film festivals this week, including the annual Industry Film Festival in Hollywood. Payroll was due, and we continue to have an interesting time with our new computer system. Plus, there's always the day-to-day grind.

It's hard for me to believe that I have been working here, on and off, for almost six years now. I really don't know where the time has gone. It's hard for me to remember that I was ever a student here. Columbia has definitely become more of a job to me, and less an alma mater. But maybe that will change some day.

If one needs an illustrated picture of just how crazy work has been, just take a look at my office. It's like an I SPY or WHERE'S WALDO game. So let's play. See if you can find the following items:

* Lava Lamp *
* Kilroy *
* Replica of the Maltese Falcon *
* Wampa's old Winchester *
* Bottled Water (Can you find BOTH?!) *


So I'm really looking forward to this weekend. But it's only Tuesday. Still, I am very grateful to have a job and very grateful for the scratch it brings in. I wish Warner Bros. would give me a call already, but CCH will have to do for now.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Blog Mike!

    I especially like your office picture. I can't believe you have worked there for 6 years either!

    ~Kelcey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your computer is at Facebook.com.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computer systems? and yes..working hard on FB.
    A hellish week indeed.

    ReplyDelete